Saturday, January 14, 2012

Chapter #7

Chapter seven had two parts I found especially important.  The first one was the different types of tests items a teacher can use.  I think all these tips are extremely important to helping a teacher create good tests. Many of the tips of subtle little things that can change an item from a good test item to a poor test item.  I also like the advantage and disadvantage parts.  Performance and essay type questions are the best for assessing in depth knowledge, but there is not time to use those all the time.  Multiple choice can cover a wide range of surface material.  It is important as a teacher to find a balance all of types of questions when considered time and what a student should know.

The second point I liked was the parent interaction section.  This is something all teachers will deal with very often.  These tips are very important so a teacher can act professionally and not get themselves into trouble.  It is very easy to get in trouble as a teacher, so by following the tips and acting professional a teacher can put themselves, parents, and students in the best position to succeed.

1 comment:

  1. I appreciated the section on creating tests and test items as well. I like the distinction made between a quiz and a test, with quizzes taking as little as 5 minutes of class time. I also liked the idea of maintaining a bank of test items coded according to learning domain and objective assessed. I should only hope I can get myself that organized.
    As for the parent interaction section, I liked how they stressed that parents may need to talk out their hostility. Listening attentively may be all that is needed to diffuse a tense situation.

    ReplyDelete